Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good Thing/Bad Thing

I've been thinking about the "good thing/bad thing" today.

The good thing is that I tend to let go of the past (eventually!). The bad thing is that I can get overwhelmed with what's in front of me.

The good thing is that I'm short enough that I don't hit my head on low hanging branches when I walk underneath them. The bad thing is that technically I'm not tall enough to ride the go-carts at Celebration Station (but I have a driver's license, so they let me).

The good thing is that I know I don't walk this road alone. The bad thing is that I fear that even though I'm not alone, it can't be handled.

The good thing is that I like to cook. The bad thing is that I like to eat everything I cook ... and then some.

The good thing is that I walk with God, and He's bigger than anything out there. The bad thing is that I often don't believe He's big enough.

The good thing is that I'm getting older. The bad thing is that I look it ... and please don't offend me by offering me a senior citizen discount (although that has never happened yet, but I'll definitely be offended when it does!).

The good thing is that God reminds me over and over and over again of the times that He has been sufficient. The bad thing is that I tend to forget.

The good thing is that my husband and I think we're hilariously funny. The bad thing is that we're the only people who think that.

The good thing is that God is extremely patient and gracious with me. The bad thing is that He needs to exercise that patience and extend that grace moment by moment (but I'm sooooo thankful He does!).

The good thing is that I've been given an incredible family ... and they're cute, and funny, and smart, and dang near perfect. The bad thing is that I often take them for granted.

The good thing is Jesus loves me ... and there's nothing bad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment